Employment Opportunity at Resources for Rural Community Development, Inc. dba AccessHome
Posted April 28, 2020
Operation Specialist/Admin Assistant
Under general supervision of Executive Director, performs a variety of general office-work in support of the various programs of AccessHome. General office work includes: typing, filing, scheduling, record keeping, data entry and retrieval, oral communications, document preparation and review, ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment and performing related work as assigned, provide oversite to ensure policies and procedures are being enforced, work closely with house managers.
The Operation Specialist/Admin Assistant regularly performs a variety of duties requiring adaptation to a variety of situations, in which judgment is used to apply the guidelines, procedures, and work methods of the program area. Willingness to answer emergency calls after hours.
This is a part-time position starting at twenty-five to thirty (25 - 30) hours per week and based on grant funding.
Examples of Duties:
Types from handwritten or typed copy, utilizing appropriate software, a variety of materials, including letters, memos, and internal forms.
As receptionist, receives and screens all telephone calls and visitors to the facility, putting through calls and/or referring callers and visitors to an appropriate person, taking messages.
Prepares, organizes and distributes a variety of materials, including schedules, charts, form letters, and referral packets; inputs data from reports, forms or questionnaires; sends and receives faxes; shreds documents.
Organizes and maintains a variety of internal records and files including administrative and consumer files; retrieves a variety of materials, according to established procedures; prepares new files and may purge files.
Receives, opens, date stamps, sorts and distributes incoming mail, correspondence and referrals; prepares and processes outgoing, takes mail to post office.
Sorts, reviews, proofs and/or verifies accuracy of a variety of materials; researches information, records, and procurements.
Schedules appointments and meetings; prepares mailings and notices confirming attendance, and makes room and food arrangements.
Maintain property portfolios to include current pictures (interior and exterior) of each home, warranty items, rehab work, etc.
Create annual binders for Executive Director.
Manage and enter date into HMIS (Homeless Management Information System), and attend meetings/trainings for HMIS.
Liaison with property managers and tenants as necessary.
Update website as needed.
Accompany property manager as needed for inspections as needed, complete reports, and create work-orders generated from the inspection.
Work closely with vendors and obtain written estimates prior to the Executive Director authorizing the work (painting, flooring, special requests, etc.).
Create vendor file for Fiscal Manager, ensure that copies of all documentation is in the file including a completed W-9.
Filing of various documents electronically and or manually.
Assist Fiscal Manager with input bills for payment including allocation to correct general ledger account.
Prepare leases/rental agreements and various other documents.
Other duties assigned by Executive Director.
· Modern office methods, procedures, filing standards.
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), QuickBooks, and database applications.
· Business English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Additional Beneficial Skills:
Experience working with under served population.
Understanding of tenant/landlord laws
Experience with HMIS System (Homeless Management Information System)
Experience or knowledge for procurements (non-profit negotiations for purchasing appliances, and furnishings, etc. on behalf of organization).
Knowledge for obtaining bids or estimates from vendors.
· Typing a variety of materials from handwritten or typed copy utilizing appropriate software; minimum accurate typing speed of 45 works per
· The operation of a variety of office equipment including; personal computers, copiers, scanners, 10- key calculators; telephone system; etc.
· Maintaining the confidentiality of client and organizational data.
· Preparing and maintaining accurate files and records.
· Dealing with the public with tact and courtesy.
· Understanding and following oral and written directions.
· Exercising independent judgment within established guidelines; applying rules, regulations, and procedures to specific circumstances; meeting
· Concentrating and attending to detail in a working environment with frequent interruptions.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
Physical Requirements and Ability to:
The abilities required of this position may include but are not limited to the following:
· Read printed and handwritten documents as well as computer terminal displays throughout the day.
· Speech and hearing sufficient to receive and communicate detailed information by phone and in person with a professional office manner.
· Operate standard office equipment including keyboards, calculators, phones, etc; with the ability to manipulate papers and supplies.
· Move throughout the work site and building; reach lift and bend to retrieve and/ or file materials.
· Sit or otherwise remain stationary at work post for extended periods of time;
· Drive a motor vehicle.
Will require the possession of a valid California Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record, possession of or access to an insured vehicle; willingness and ability to travel. May be required to take other seminar and/or college level courses to continue to upgrade necessary job-related skills.
Willingness to complete Background check.
A drug screening will be required.
High school diploma or equivalent completion of the twelfth grade and/or successful completion of a business school curriculum, and at least two years of clerical and typing experience. Previous non-profit experience as an employee or volunteer position helpful. Pay based on experience.
To Apply: send resume to email@example.com and please include Operation Specialist/Admin Assistant in the subject line.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.